On behalf of the MPS children, families, and schools, our deepest gratitude is extended to all of our generous contributors.
Recognition is extended to the thousands of employees of the Milwaukee Public Schools and the City of Milwaukee who have generously contributed to the MPS Foundation.
The MPS Employee Combined Giving Campaign (workplace giving campaign) is a primary source of income for the foundation's undesignated fund. The MPS Foundation is also included in the district’s spring United Performing Arts Fund (UPAF) campaign and city employees are able to donate funds to the foundation as a part of the city’s VISIONS campaign. Contributions to the MPS Foundation through UPAF and Visions are designated for the MPS Arts Fund.
Hundreds of parents, community representatives, and organizations continue to provide donations designated for specific schools or programs.
Contributors to the MPS Scholarship Program
- An initial anonymous donation of $100,000 was received in 2009 designated to establish the MPS Scholarship Program. Scholarships are available for students enrolled in the Milwaukee Public Schools who plan to attend a public college or university in the state of Wisconsin. An anonymous donor provided seed money to establish the scholarship program as a show of support for public education in Milwaukee and the state of Wisconsin.
- Memorial gift to honor Tessa Nowakowski, a high school student who lost her life to colon cancer in the fall of 2009. Donors include: Jean C. Baker, Michael J. Fischer, and Marta S. Levine of Quarles & Brady.
Numerous private-sector organizations have awarded generous gifts and continue to support MPS schools and programs. See "Grants" for a description of projects funded by year. Appreciation is extended to (links below open in new windows):
- Aetna, Inc.
- American Transmission Company Matching Gifts Program - Jason Naumann
- Anonymous Gift made in memory of Margery Scheel, who was a teacher in MPS for many years.
- Assurant Health Foundation
- Aurora Healthcare Foundation
- Dr. Alfred Bader
- Helen Bader Foundation
- Robert W. Baird & Co. Foundation
- The "Banter Association" (Chris Thiel and Friends - MPS Alumni)
- Lynde & Harry Bradley Foundation
- Elizabeth A. Brinn Foundation
- Chubb & Son, A Division of Federal Insurance Company
- Cream City Foundation
- Ralph Evinrude Foundation
- Terry Falk, Milwaukee Board of School Directors
- Froedert Hospital
- Greater Milwaukee Foundation - Donald and Barbara Abert Fund
- Greater Milwaukee Foundation - Mr. & Mrs. Richard Weiss
- Contributions made in memory of Pearlie Harris, a dedicated teacher in MPS for more than 21 years: Marianne Daly, Marion Gitz, Nancy Francis, Bonnie Saurer, McDowell & Rackner PC.
- Douglas Haselow, MPS Retired Employee
- Help Them Group, Inc., DBA VIBHA
- Richard and Ethel Herzfeld Foundation
- Hispanic Club of Milwaukee
- Dorothy Inbusch Foundation, Inc.
- Independence First
- Individual Donors through the MPS and City of Milwaukee UPAF-VISIONS Campaign.
- Irgens Development Partners, LLC
- Johnson Controls Foundation
- Marquette University student participants in the Dorothy Day Social Justice Living Learning Community
- Marshall & Illsley Foundation
- Contributors to the Desmond Mason Charity Art Show for Thirty-fifth Street School.
- Faye McBeath Foundation
- Milwaukee Area Retired Teachers' Association
- George Mosher
- MPS Employees through the MPS Employee Combined Giving Campaign.
- New Berlin Lions Club
- Northwestern Mutual Foundation
- Jane Bradley Pettit Foundation
- Family and Friends of Thomas Parker
- Pieper Electric Inc.
- Pro Health Care, Inc.
- PPC Foundation
- The Rexnord Foundation
- Saint Paul Foundation - The Rapids Fund
- Marlene Scholz
- Family and Friends of Ann Shansky
- Jeff Spence, Milwaukee Board of School Directors
- Starbucks Make Your Mark Volunteer Program - Teresa Jackson Volunteer for Elm Creative Arts School
- James Taylor
- Tellier Foundation
- Time Warner Employee Matching Grant Program
- TRIFECTA Foundation Fund (established by Mark Tauscher of the Green Bay Packers) through the Community Foundation for the Fox Valley Region
- United Heartland on Behalf of United Wisconsin Insurance Co.
- United Way of Greater Milwaukee
- U.S. Bancorp Foundation
- WE Energies Foundation
- Wells Fargo Bank "Team Up With Us to Support Our Schools"
- Wells Fargo Foundation-Educational Matching Gift Program
- The Wendt and Brunlieb Families
- Wisconsin Coalition of Asian Indian Organizations (WCAIO)
- Wisconsin Energy Foundation Matching Gifts Program for Honey Creek School
- Wisconsin Wheelchair Sports Association
- Joseph & Vera Zilber Family Foundation, Inc.